Monday 18 July 2016

Pink Star

I naturally have an aversion to pink. I think it's a lovely colour, but as the only girl of four children I spent of my childhood actively rebelling against pink. I didn't want to be the girly one, the dainty one, the quiet one, with three boisterous brothers. Aged 5 I decided the best way to avoid such stereotyping (I didn't know that's what it was called, but that's essentially what I was against) was to avoid pink. And boy did I. My dear grandmother was an amazing seamstress and was probably quite gutted over my refusal to do pink, but she soon learnt I was perfectly happy in green or blue and made me far too many dresses in those hues instead. Nowadays I will wear a bit of pink (not a whole dress!) and I'm slowly getting over my pink aversion. If I had had a little girl, I probably would have dressed her in pink sometimes, but I'd have been on the hunt for every other colour over pink any day.

So it's taken me a while to start drawing pink onesies. Here's my first pink star onesie, although it's got a lot of red in it too. I can't go all pink at once. Do I look like Barbie to you?

pink star onesie

pink red star onesie



No comments:

Post a Comment