Wednesday 4 May 2016

My other baby projects

I enjoy a variety of crafts such as making dollhouse miniatures from polymer clay (more on that another day), drawing, patchwork and sewing. But when I discovered I was pregnant I decided to learn to knit because that is the thing to do (in my strange, little world). 

It didn't start out so well, this was meant to be straight...

bad knitting

But I persevered and I got better. My first proper project was this baby blanket. 

baby blanket

All I can say is, it's a good thing pregnancy last 9 months! It took me at least 6 months to complete this even though it is entirely knit stitch throughout. But I am pretty pleased with it, and we have gotten a lot of use out of it.

Then I started to get ambitious (sort of) and in the last month or so of my pregnancy made a matching cardigan, hat and bootie set.

knitted baby outfit

pig button

green baby hat
Including world's tiniest handmade pom pom!
I was super pleased with how these turned out for a first attempt. The only problem was no-one mentioned to my unborn baby how big (I mean small) a newborn is supposed to be. The not-so little dear came into this world at nearly 10 pounds and wore his first cardigan all of once on the trip home from hospital. The hat and booties were too small to ever fit!

Cute but his tubby gut was already bursting out at 3 days old.
Oh well. If I ever get around to doing some more knitting (if the baby ever allows it) I will size everything to be enormous!

No comments:

Post a Comment